Saturday, January 23, 2010

Good Morning .....It has been awhile since I last blogged. Janurary has been a very busy month and I cannot believe it is almost gone. I have been busy with all of my block swaps and have sent out 6 so far. I have also received 6 in the mail. And I still need to do 3! My siggie collection is growing and I am loving that too! I am posting pictures  of my blocks just because they are so beautiful. The ladies at http://www.quiltingboard.com/ are talented quilters and every swap challanges me to make each block better then the last. I am also in a Midget Block  swap, a 5" I Spy Flannel Swap and a Feb Doll Quilt Swap on this board! My little sister in Vermont sent me 25 Maple Leaf blocks along with the blue and green fabric used to make them. They are gorgous and I have them at the top of my WIP pile. (I think I need to get a bigger WIP basket). And the blue and yellow giant block came from my little sister in Ilinois! I swap monthly with both of them. Busy, Busy, Busy! What a blessed life I live!

I am also on the road again this Thursday. This time to Georgia for two more GetQuit Clinics. I am very passionate about this program and what we do. Some of the doctors from the first clinics we did are wanting to book a 2nd clinic! That tells us that it is working and they want more! If you or someone you know really wants to quit smoking go to http://www.mytimetoquit.com/ to find out how you can make it happen. You can read about people, just like me, who smoked for decades and finally quit!  The key  to success is treament and support. If you want to read how I was able to finally able to do it go to http://www.mygetquitstory.com/.

I also have one lovely person willing to PayIt Forward with me.  She will receive a small handmade gift from me, which I am working on now.  I still need 2 more people to accept the challange. All you have to do is leave a comment here telling me you are willing to PIF. I will make you a small gift within the next year and you in turn will get 3 more people to accept your challange and post the PIF logo on your own site! That's all there is to it!

I am also posting a picture of my Fall Theme Mini Quilt. I have already mailed it out to my swap partner and am eagerly awaiting  one of my own! This is the first mini quilt I have ever done and I almost wanted to keep it! But I didn't! I am sure my partner will love it too. My next swap with this group is a Winter Theme Mini Quilt and I am in the planning stage on it!

Ok.... That is all for today. I plan on making the last 3 swap blocks and cutting the peices for the Feb doll quilt today. Then I am going shopping for 30's Reproduction fabric for the Midget Swap! Busy, Busy, Busy!

Peace and Prayers till next time
missd

1 comment:

  1. You have had a busy month! How fun to be in so many swaps... I wish I had the time to do the same. But some day... :)

    Your teal and brown quilt is going to be beautiful!

    Jennifer :)

    ReplyDelete