Saturday, September 12, 2009

Wanted to let people know that the quilt at the top of the page is my 18 year old project. It was started in 1991 and matched the colors in the master bedroom at our lake house. Every block is hand sewn and the center block is my own design, I also got around to hand quilting the 3 center squares, then in 1993 my beloved husband passed away and I moved into town. For work mainly. The quilt got put away because work interfered with what I wanted to do with my life. The years slipped away so quickly I didn't even know they were gone. I had an epiphany one day as I was getting ready to set up a sewing area in my room. My sweetie use to say "That quilt will never be done in my lifetime"... and it wasn't. My thought now was that it probably wouldn't get done in mine either. I did not want this quilt finished by someone else! So I made up my mind right then and there to machine quilt it instead hand sewing so I could use this quilt and enjoy it! Soooooo....I finally finished it in February of this year (2009).

1 comment:

  1. THANKS, I needed to hear that someone else has done as I: My 1st quilt is still unfinished your the catalist to FINISH!

    ReplyDelete